By Travelzoo Staff
The New York Times calls the Cradle of Aviation Museum in East Garden City "a stirring celebration of ... rich aviation heritage." For $10, take part in that celebration with admission to the museum for one adult, plus a movie at the Giant Screen Dome Theater (similar to an IMAX) or a show at the new JetBlue Sky Theater Planetarium, normally $19. For $9, get the same package for children ages 2-12, normally $17.
Why we love it
- For $10, see a film and explore the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City
- This deal includes adult admission to the museum and 1 movie at the Giant Screen Dome Theater or 1 show at the JetBlue Sky Theater Planetarium, normally $19
- Pay $9 for the same package for children, normally $17
- The planetarium opened this month and features a 76-foot-diameter screen and 6 high-def digital projectors
- Called "a stirring celebration" of aviation history by The New York Times, this museum includes a collection of more than 75 aircraft and 8 galleries
Oct. 10, 2012 - April 11, 2013
Cradle of Aviation Museum
1 Davis Ave.
Entrance on Museum Row - Charles Lindbergh Blvd.
Garden City, NY 11530
- The new planetarium opened earlier this month and features a 76-foot-diameter tilted dome screen and six high-def digital projectors that make the audience feel "virtually surrounded by planets, stars and other heavenly bodies," according to Newsday. The JetBlue Sky Theater Planetarium is currently running three shows: "Passport to the Universe," narrated by Tom Hanks, "We are Astronomers" and "One World, One Sky: Big Bird's Adventure," ideal for younger viewers.
- After a planetarium show or a Giant Screen Dome Theater movie, such as "Whales" or "Tornado Alley," check out the artifacts while exploring eight galleries, including exhibits like "The Golden Age" or "The Jet Age." The museum boasts 75 aircraft ranging from biplanes to a lunar space module.
- During the school year, the museum is open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday-Sunday.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Oct. 11, through April 11, 2013. During the school year, the museum is closed Mondays. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Movie and show tickets must be redeemed on same day of museum admission. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms