By Travelzoo Staff
Learn to cook with Cook Academy at The Essex Resort & Spa, a AAA 4-Diamond culinary resort that Fodor's calls a "playground for foodies."
For $75 per person, regularly $149, Travelzoo subscribers can take a three-hour hands-on cooking class
at the Vermont resort recommended by USA Today
. Save more with this same deal for two people for $149, regularly $298.
Why we love it
- Learn to cook with Cook Academy at The Essex, a AAA 4-Diamond culinary resort
- Save 50% on a 3-hour hands-on cooking class
- Includes a 3- or 4-course meal and glass of wine
- Select from classes like Steakhouse Classics, Italian Basics or World Series France
- Save more with this deal for 2 for $149; makes for a great date
- The resort is located less than 10 miles from Burlington
March 24, 2013 - June 15, 2013
The Essex Resort & Spa
70 Essex Way
Essex, VT 05452
- Classes take place in professional kitchens alongside resort chefs with experience from Le Cordon Bleu and the Pennsylvania Culinary Institute of America. Students will learn techniques while preparing three- or four-course meals from local ingredients. Afterward, students can dine on their creations paired with a glass of wine.
- Select from a number of courses into June that include menus such as:
- Italian Basics: Make dishes like ricotta gnocchi, polenta, tomato basil sauce, pesto, truffle white wine cream sauce and zabaglione
- Steakhouse Classics: Learn how to prepare shrimp cocktail, pan-roasted steak, twice-baked potatoes, creamed spinach and deconstructed mocha salted caramel brownie sundaes
- Dining with Vermont Cheese: Create dishes from Vermont-made cheeses like ricotta tart, apple and goat cheese stuffed chicken and cream cheese pound cake
Make a weekend out of it and stay at The Essex Resort & Spa for $169 a night
including a spa treatment or dinner for two; valid through May 5.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, March 26, through June 15, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Class times/dates may vary; check website for details. 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Participants must be 16 years old or older. Closed-toe shoes and long pants are required. Courses require a minimum of 2 participants to be conducted; maximum class size is 12 people. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms