By Travelzoo Staff
The "North Shore adds another jewel to its crown" (The Boston Globe) with the pinky schooner Ardelle, built by Captain Harold Burnham, following in the footsteps of his family, which has been in the shipbuilding trade since the early 17th century. This spring and summer, Travelzoo subscribers can sail on the 58-foot schooner for a two-hour cruise on the harbor and get admission to the Maritime Gloucester Museum for $22, regularly $40 per person.
Why we love it
- Set sail on the 58-foot pinky schooner Ardelle in Gloucester this spring and summer
- For $22 per person, take a 2-hour sail on Gloucester's outer harbor
- Subscribers also receive admission to the Maritime Gloucester Museum
- Or for $75, save more with the same package for 4 people
- Saves on both kids and adult prices
March 27, 2013 - Aug. 30, 2013
23 Harbor Loop
Gloucester, MA 01930
- Cruises depart from Harbor Loop at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. starting May 4; subject to availability. Sail along Gloucester's outer harbor and pass by sights like the Dog Bar Breakwater, Norman's Woe and the mansions on Eastern Point. Soft drinks, wine and beer are available for purchase onboard, but guests are welcome to bring beverages and snacks to enjoy during the sail (no alcohol).
- Go with a group or bring the family and save more: For $75, regularly $160, receive the same package for four people.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, May 4, through Aug. 30, 2013. Can be used for both adults and children. Reservations can be made online. Cruises typically depart at 10 a.m., 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. daily; departure times are subject to change based on demand. Schedule subject to change due to safety or weather conditions. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid for special event cruises. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms