By Ryan Haase
"New Hampshire's 18-mile stretch of coastline packs in a wealth of scenery and diversions," says Fodor's. Traverse it during a stay at Ashworth by the Sea in Hampton Beach at nearly 45% off.
Why we love it
- Portsmouth is about 12 miles north, where the Strawbery Banke Museum fills 10 downtown acres with houses, costumes, and craft and agriculture practices dating from the 1600s
- Twelve miles south is the preserved colonial center of the maritime town of Newburyport
- The dining room at Breakers has bay windows that overlook the ocean, which supplies the kitchen's fresh seafood, served amid the warmth of a stone hearth fireplace
- The hotel is close to the local historical society, which has a 1930s beach cottage, an 1800s one-room schoolhouse, and a 1700s barn filled with period farming equipment
Ashworth by the Sea
295 Ocean Blvd.
Hampton, NH 03842
What's included & when
- Travel through May 11; rate varies during travel period
- $89 for one night Thursdays-Saturdays through Jan. 4 and Jan. 30 - March 29, 2014; $159 for two nights
- $89 for one night Sundays-Fridays March 30 - May 11; $119 per night for Saturdays
- Room with a king bed and a balcony
- One-night options include a $10 credit toward dinner at Breakers Restaurant; two-night option includes a $15 credit
- Includes Wi-Fi and parking
The fine print
Purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-345-6736 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Guests can combine multiple vouchers for longer stays, subject to restrictions. Not available on: Dec. 31; Jan. 5-29; Feb. 8, 14-15; March 8; April 16-17. Must be age 21 or older to reserve a room. Maximum occupancy of two people per room. Deal not valid for suites. Specific room assignment will be decided by the hotel, based on availability. Parking is complimentary. Pets are allowed at a fee of $20 per night. The number of available pet-friendly rooms is limited per night and may not always be available; inquire when calling and selecting stay dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged.
See all terms