By Travelzoo Staff
Vermont's Essex Resort & Spa "has long been a destination for fine dining and culinary education" (Seven Days Magazine). Travelzoo readers can learn tips and tricks from top chefs or relax with a 50-minute massage as part of this exclusive two-night deal for $399. This package slashes nearly 50% off current prices.
Why we love it
- Two guests can arrive Sundays-Wednesdays through January or Thursdays-Saturdays for $100 more. These stays includes a choice of two massages, two cooking classes, or one of each.
- Put on your chef hat and tie on an apron as you prepare to julienne your way to becoming a master in the kitchen with a three-course cooking class. Choose from a range of dinner themes such as Cozy Supper featuring roasted Caribbean squash soup with Vermont goat cheese, or Bistro Favorites where you will master steak au poivre with truffled mashed potatoes and creme brulee.
- After sharpening your cooking skills, fill up the rest of the day with all the other activities available at this AAA 4-Diamond resort. There is an ice skating pond, mountain bike rentals and an "Amusing Hour," a culinary twist on happy hour where the chefs mingle with guests while preparing and serving appetizers, amuse bouches and signature cocktails. The resort can help arrange other excursions, from putting across the nearby golf course to zip-lining through the forest to floating above the Green Mountains in a hot-air balloon.
The Essex Resort & Spa
70 Essex Way
Essex, VT 05452
What's included & when
- Oct. 10, 2012 - Jan. 31, 2013
- A culinary romp for 2 through Vermont's Green Mountains at the AAA 4-Diamond Essex Resort & Spa for nearly 50% off regular pricing
$399 for a 2-night stay, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals (reg. $478)
$499 for a 2-night stay, Thursday-Saturday arrivals (reg. $598)
Choice of either two Chef In Training 3-course cooking classes (reg. $150 each), two 50-minute massages (reg. $110 each), or one of each
Travel through January
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-727-4295 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Taxes, gratuity and a $15 daily resort fee that covers Wi-Fi, rentals, cookies and cider are additional. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms