By Travelzoo Staff
Defined by "rolling hills, shady valleys, and historic villages," central Vermont "rewards explorers who consider dirt roads and quiet hiking tracks to be irresistibly tempting," according to Frommer's. The Cortina Inn & Resort offers Travelzoo readers an exclusive opportunity to stay in the middle of this rural wonderland during the area's peak fall foliage season for $99 per night with breakfast for two. Visit Sundays-Thursdays through Oct. 11 or daily Oct. 14 - Dec. 19 with this deal that saves almost 50% on regular pricing.
Why we love it
- Before setting off on a day of hiking the Appalachian or Long trails, which are steps from the hotel, enjoy breakfast in the on-site restaurant (reg. $24). Mountain bikers can hop on the lift at nearby Killington Ski Resort and pedal through the 100 miles of marked trails. Or spend an afternoon exploring the quaint shops and cafes of Woodstock and Rutland; both quintessential New England towns are less than a 30-minute drive from the inn.
- Back at the hotel, take a stroll through the property's 32 acres of gardens and woods, or take a dip in the indoor swimming pool. Most rooms feature a balcony or terrace.
- The hotel is 3 hours from Boston and 3.5 hours from Portland, Maine.
Cortina Inn & Resort
5709 Route 4
Mendon, VT 05751
What's included & when
- Sept. 23, 2012 - Dec. 28, 2012
- Getaway for 2 to the Cortina Inn & Resort, nestled in the foothills of Vermont's Green Mountains, for almost 50% off regular pricing
- $99 for a 1-night stay in a standard room (reg. $169)
- Breakfast for 2 (reg. $24)
- Travel Sunday-Thursday through Oct. 11 or daily Oct. 14 - Dec. 19
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then use the link that will be provided on your voucher to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Sept. 28-29; Oct. 5-7, 12-13. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms