By Travelzoo Staff
José Mateo Ballet Theatre's version of "The Nutcracker" celebrates its 25th anniversary with performances at the Strand Theatre in Dorchester. For as little as $10, Travelzoo subscribers can see the production in which "every scene ... combines playfulness with precision" (The Boston Globe).
Why we love it
- José Mateo Ballet Theatre's "The Nutcracker" has been praised by The Boston Globe for its "intimacy and charm"
- Performances Dec. 23-24 at Dorchester's Strand Theatre are available, including a Christmas Eve matinee
- This production of the holiday favorite celebrates its 25th anniversary
Nov. 19, 2012 - Dec. 24, 2012
José Mateo Ballet Theatre's 'The Nutcracker'
The Strand Theatre
543 Columbia Road
- Several seating levels are available for shows Sunday, Dec. 23, at 5:30 p.m. and Monday, Dec. 24, at 1 p.m.:
- Lower Balcony and Mezzanine (extreme sides) ... $10, reg. $15
- Orchestra (extreme sides), Mezzanine (side rows M-X), and Lower Balcony (rows DD-GG) ... $19, reg. $29
- Orchestra (sides), Mezzanine (center rows M-X) and Lower Balcony (rows AA-CC) ... $29, reg. $38
- Center Orchestra and Front Row Mezzanine ... $39, reg. $50
- Since the company's founding in 1986, several of its performances have been recognized in the Globe's "10 Best Dance Events" list. "The Nutcracker" is a holiday favorite, and Mateo himself has been known to dance the part of the mysterious Dr. Drosselmeyer.
The fine print
Click the "Buy Now" button. Type the number of tickets you'd like next to a valid performance and the full-price ticket level. Enter the promo code TRAVELZOO at the bottom, then click "Order Tickets." Fill in your billing information to purchase. A $5 per order convenience charge will apply.
Photo: Gary Sloan