By Travelzoo Staff
"Every scene in this production combines playfulness with precision," says The Boston Globe of José Mateo Ballet Theatre's version of "The Nutcracker." Catch one of the company's 25th anniversary performances at the Duxbury Performing Arts Center for as little as $19.
Why we love it
- José Mateo Ballet Theatre's production of "The Nutcracker" has been praised for its "intimacy and charm"
- Includes early evening performances Thanksgiving weekend at the Duxbury Performing Arts Center
- This version of the holiday favorite celebrates its 25th anniversary
Nov. 13, 2012 - Nov. 25, 2012
José Mateo Ballet Theatre's 'The Nutcracker'
Duxbury Performing Arts Center
73 Alden Street
Duxbury, MA 02332
- Several seating levels are available for shows Saturday, Nov. 24, at 5:30 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 25, at 4 p.m.
- Rear Orchestra (rows T-CC) ... $19, reg. $29
- Side Front Orchestra (rows A-M) and Middle Orchestra (rows O-S) ... $29, reg. $38
- Center Front Orchestra (rows B-M) ... $39, reg. $50
- Since the company's founding in 1986, several of its performances have been recognized in the Globe's "10 Best Dance Events" list. "The Nutcracker" is a holiday favorite, and Mateo himself has been known to dance the part of the mysterious Dr. Drosselmeyer.
The fine print
Click the "Buy Now" button. Type the number of tickets you'd like next to a valid performance and the full-price ticket level. Enter the promo code TRAVELZOO at the bottom, then click "Order Tickets." Fill in your billing information to purchase. A $5 per order convenience charge will apply.
Photo: Gary Sloan