By Travelzoo Staff
"Sun Valley, Idaho, is the type of place where you fly in on a G4 but drive around in a Ford Explorer and wear your old Levi's to dinner," says Vanity Fair of this popular mountain destination tucked deep in the Northern Rockies.
Why we love it
- For $139, experience the Sun Valley area -- which Frommer's calls the nation's first destination ski resort and a playground for the Hollywood set since its founding in 1936 -- at more than half off regular rates with this exclusive getaway. Spend two nights at Tamarack Lodge, located in Ketchum, a town adjacent to the Sun Valley Resort with many shops, restaurants and outfitters.
- Amenities include an indoor heated pool, outdoor hot tub, complimentary parking and wireless Internet access. In addition to its proximity to Sun Valley, Ketchum is a gateway town to the Sawtooth National Recreational Area. The Pioneer, Boulder, White Cloud and Sawtooth mountains are all within an hour's drive.
- Getting to Sun Valley: "Sun Valley's isolation ... keeps the crowds away. It's a well-kept secret and the locals like it this way," says Ski magazine. SkyWest (Delta Connection) and Alaska Airlines both serve the Sun Valley airport, which is located in Hailey. Shuttle service is also available from the Boise airport.
291 Walnut Ave
Ketchum, ID 83353
What's included & when
- Feb. 26, 2013 - June 24, 2013
- Escape to the charming Tamarack Lodge near Sun Valley, Idaho, at more than 50% off regular rates
- Stay 2 nights for $139 in any available room type, including suites, for up to 4 guests
- Includes Wi-Fi and parking
- Travel any day of the week through June 23
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call Tamarack Lodge at 800-521-5379 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms