By Travelzoo Staff
Trot through the Santa Monica Mountains above Malibu during a scenic horseback ride with Connemara Ranch. For $59 per person, take a guided 1.5-hour journey through the wilderness while passing native wildflowers, mountain streams and lookouts over the Pacific Ocean. This Local Deal -- an experience our Deal Experts tested and recommend for the breathtaking surroundings -- regularly costs $130.
Why we love it
- For $59 (reg. $130), take a scenic horseback ride through the Santa Monica Mountains above Malibu
- This 1.5-hour ride with Connemara Ranch boasts views of the Pacific
Ride past wildflower patches, streams and fields
- Connemara Ranch has been featured in The New York Times and Los Angeles Magazine's "Best of LA"
- This experience is suitable for all experience levels
April 5, 2013 - June 14, 2013
34342 Mullholland Hwy.
Malibu, CA 90265
- Start off at the stables, located on a 10-acre ranch about 45 minutes from Santa Monica or Studio City. You'll be provided all necessary equipment including saddle and helmet before embarking on the journey with owner and trail guide Talley Hutcherson, who has been featured in The New York Times. Instruction on the fundamentals of tacking and riding is provided before hitting the mountains' trails.
- There is a maximum of eight riders per reservation slot. Rides leave at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Riders of all experience levels are welcome.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 8, through June 14, 2013. Valid Monday-Friday only. Reservations required and must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Rides run daily at 10 a.m., noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 10 years old or older to ride. Must weigh 220 lbs. or less to ride. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms