By Travelzoo Staff
Catch wind and set sail during a three-hour sailing lesson with J World Annapolis. For $99 per person, learn the mechanics of the sport and cruise through the bay on a high-performance yacht. This lesson regularly costs $250.
Why we love it
- Learn to hoist the sail and steer the boat
- Boats seat up to 4; take the lesson with family or friends
- Option for 2-day lesson also available
- Get out on the water this summer for less than $100
July 23, 2013 - Nov. 1, 2013
J World Annapolis
213 Eastern Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21403
- A professional sailing instructor will provide you with an on-the-ground briefing before setting out to sea for the rest of the lesson. Learn everything it takes to operate the vessel, from hoisting the sails to maneuvering the yacht through open water. Each boat can hold up to four people, excluding the captain/instructor, so more than one person can buy this deal and learn to sail together.
- For the serious sailor, opt for a two-day lesson that covers the key elements of the sport including terminology, steering and basic sail technique. Lessons are held on Saturday and Sunday, or Monday and Tuesday. The Sailing Fundamentals 2-Day is $345, regularly $545.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Wednesday, July 24, through Nov. 1, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Subject to weather conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms