By Travelzoo Staff
Soar over the southeastern Pennsylvania countryside with this Local Deal from U.S. Hot Air Balloon Team, rated 4.5 stars by TripAdvisor
users. Take in sweeping views of Amish country and Chester County farmlands, the Susquehanna River and Chesapeake Bay with an hourlong sunrise or sunset hot air balloon ride
for $165 per person, regularly $299.
Why we love it
- Soar over southeastern Pennsylvania at sunrise or sunset for $165 per person
- Includes an hourlong ride, Champagne toast, snacks and souvenir glass
- Take in views of the countryside, Chesapeake Bay and Philadelphia skyline
- For $20 more, depart from Holicong and take in views of Bucks County and NYC
- Rides can accommodate up to 10 passengers; buy multiple vouchers to go with a group
May 8, 2013 - April 30, 2014
U.S. Hot Air Balloon Team
- Once airborne, the pilot will vary altitude throughout the flight, swooping just above treetop level. On a clear day, passengers can catch a glimpse of the Philadelphia skyline. Trips conclude with a Champagne toast and snacks like breakfast pastries or cheese and crackers for sunset rides.
- The $165 deal is valid at two locations: Bird-in-Hand -- less than 85 miles from Baltimore and less than 130 miles from D.C. -- or Brandywine Valley (Wyeth Country), less than an hour drive from Philadelphia.
- Or, for $185 per person, opt for a tour from Holicong, Pa. --less than an hour from Philly and 1.5 hours from New York --and sail over Bucks County with views of vineyards, horse farms and the distant outline of Manhattan skyscrapers.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, May 10, through April 30, 2014. Reservations are required. The $165 voucher is valid at Bird in Hand and Pottstown only; the $185 voucher is valid at Holicong only. 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Not valid on major holidays or weekends in October. Must be 7 years old or older and less than 250 pounds to participate. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms