By Travelzoo Staff
White-water rafting season has started, and with this Local Deal, Travelzoo subscribers can embark on a full-day adventure on the lower New River Gorge in West Virginia, recommended by Travel + Leisure
. For $47 per person on weekdays and $59 on weekends, this excursion from New & Gauley River Adventures includes an all-day rafting trip, campsite use and a deli-style lunch
. This deal saves nearly 60%
on regular season prices.
Why we love it
- Save nearly 60% on a full-day rafting trip on weekdays or weekends
- Trips last 4-7 hours and include lunch by the river
- Race down Class III-V rapids such as the Double Z and Greyhound Bus Stopper
- Or shorten your trip with a 2-3 hour rafting adventure starting at $38 per person
- Both packages include 2 nights camping; bring your tent and spend the night
- Vouchers are valid for the entire rafting season through October
April 3, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
New & Gauley River Adventures
44 Lansing Road
Lansing, WV 25862
- Navigate Class III-V rapids like the Surprise, Double Z and Greyhound Bus Stopper as you wind down the river, catching sights of ghost towns and the New River Gorge Bridge. Trips last four to seven hours and include a riverside, deli-style lunch. This package also includes two nights of campsite use before/after your trip; bring your own gear or rent the goods from New & Gauley River Adventures ($20 for a four-person tent, paid directly to merchant).
- Or for $38 during the week and $45 on weekends, get out on the river for two to three hours with an express trip. Regularly up to $109 per person, this half-day expedition travels from Cunard to Fayette Station, covering most of the major rapids, and includes two nights of campsite use (lunch not included).
- Note: The meeting location is on Lansing Road (off Route 19), just a half mile north of the New River Gorge Bridge. Click here for more information.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, April 4, through Oct. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Travel must be booked and completed by Oct. 31, 2013, for weekday trips and Oct. 27, 2013, for weekend trips; no extensions or substitutions. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; up to 7 additional may be purchased as gifts. Based on availability. Buyers are responsible for WV 6% sales tax and $2 river use fee. A 14-day cancellation policy applies. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges. Gratuity, if applicable, is not included. Must be 12 years old or older to participate and must weigh between 90-300 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms