By Travelzoo Staff
NBC Washington says Linganore Winecellars is "more than your typical vineyard" with a number of award-winning varietals including a Best in Class
2011 Traminette (2012 Maryland Governor's Cup). For $15, regularly $30, receive a wine-tasting experience for two at the family-owned and operated vineyard, located less than one hour from downtown Baltimore, that both TripAdvisor and Yelp users rate 4 stars
Why we love it
- For $15, 2 can tour and sip wine at Linganore Winecellars, less than 1 hour from Baltimore
- Receive 2 wine tastings including 12 pours each and a dessert, chocolate or antipasti platter to share
- Founded in 1971, the family-owned vineyard uses German-Swiss and Italian winemaking techniques
- The winery spans 230 acres of land with over 40 acres of vines in Mt. Airy, Md.
- Linganore boasts 4 stars from TripAdvisor and Yelp users
Nov. 27, 2012 - March 31, 2013
13601 Glissans Mill Rd.
Mt. Airy, MD 21771
- Enter the 19th century renovated barn that serves at Linganore's tasting room for an experience that includes:
- Guided winery tour, which covers the history of Linganore and how the wine is made (tours are offered at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. daily)
- Two wine tastings including 12 half-ounce pours per person, incorporating reds, whites and fruit wines that may include Terrapin White, Black Raven, Skipjack, spiced apple or sangria
- One shareable dessert, antipasti or chocolate platter, with dessert selections like almond cookies, chocolate mousse and apple tarts; antipasti including Italian cured meats, cheeses and assorted vegetables; or chocolates from Baltimore's Wockenfuss Candies (platters vary by month; check here for details)
- Two keepsake Linganore Winecellars glasses
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Dec. 1, through March 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Mention Travelzoo voucher when making a reservation. Valid Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Saturday from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Sunday from 12-5 p.m. Not valid Feb. 8-17, 2013. Tours are offered at noon, 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. daily. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 1 additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. Subject to weather severe conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms