By Travelzoo Staff
Take advantage of the last few months of white-water rafting season with this Local Deal on the lower New River Gorge in West Virginia, recommended by Travel + Leisure
. For $55 per person on weekdays and $62 on weekends, this adventure from New & Gauley River Adventures includes an all-day rafting trip, two nights of campsite use and a deli-style lunch
. This trip would regularly cost up to $133.
Why we love it
- For $55 during the week or $62 on weekends, go on a full-day white-water rafting and camping trip, including a deli lunch, regularly up to $133
- This trip lasts 4-7 hours and covers Class III-V rapids such as the Double Z and Greyhound Bus Stopper
- The package also includes 2 nights of campsite use; bring your tent and spend the night before and after your trip
- Take a break from rafting and enjoy a riverside deli-style lunch (lunch not included in express trip package)
Sept. 19, 2012 - Nov. 11, 2012
New & Gauley River Adventures
44 Lansing Road
Lansing, WV 25862
- Navigate Class III-V rapids like the Surprise, Double Z and Greyhound Bus Stopper as you wind down the river, catching sights of ghost towns and the New River Gorge Bridge. The trip lasts four to seven hours and also stops for a riverside deli-style lunch. This package includes two nights of campsite use before/after your trip; bring your own gear or rent the goods from New & Gauley River Adventures ($20 for a four-person tent, paid directly to merchant).
- Or, shorten your trip and get out on the river for two to three hours with the express trip that travels from Cunard to Fayette Station and covers most of the major rapids (does not include lunch). Get this trip for $46 per person during the week and $53 on weekends; also includes two nights of campsite use, regularly up to $107.
- The meeting location is on Lansing Road (off Route 19), just a half mile north of the New River Gorge Bridge. Click here for more information.
The fine print
Note: Lunch is not included for the $46 or $53 Express Trip packages. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Sept. 19, through Nov. 11, 2012. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; up to 7 additional may be purchased as gifts. Based on availability. Buyers are responsible for WV 6% sales tax and $2 river user fee. A 14-day cancellation policy applies or voucher is subject to forfeiture. Must be 12 years old or older to participate and must weigh between 90-300 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms