By Travelzoo Staff
Watch butterflies flit past in the English gazebo, take a stroll through the formal gardens or grab a bike for a spin around some of the 1,200 acres that comprise Airlie Center.
Why we love it
- For $225 for a two-night stay, save more than 45% on regular rates at a property tucked in the Piedmont foothills of Warrenton, Va. This deal includes a wine and cheese presentation upon arrival and daily continental breakfast.
- Once called an “Island of Thought” by Time Magazine, Airlie Center (which opened in 1961) has hosted numerous notable visitors including Martin Luther King Jr., Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter. The property provides "loaner bicycles" to explore the trails, gardens and surrounding area. The grounds also offer tennis and volleyball courts, along with a skeet shooting range.
- Warrenton is located in the scenic foothills of northern Virginia. Nearby attractions include Old Town Warrenton, the Manassas Battlefields and Shenandoah National Park. It is about an hour from Washington, D.C., an hour and a half from Richmond, Va., and two hours from Baltimore.
6809 Airlie Road
Warrenton, VA 20187
What's included & when
- March 25, 2013 - June 30, 2013
- Romantic Virginia escape for 2 at Airlie Center for more than 45% off
- $225 for a 2-night stay, including weekends
- Wine and cheese presentation at check-in
- Daily continental breakfast for 2
- Travel through June 30
- This travel window includes the Virginia Gold Cup (May 4), one of the largest sporting events in the Washington, D.C., area
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call 540-341-3285 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms