By Travelzoo Staff
The "dynamic" cooking at Clay Pit earns it top honors as the Austin Chronicle Readers Poll Indian winner for 12 consecutive years. The exotic cuisine reflects "sophistication of centuries-old Indian cooking" (Gayot) and Zagat rates it "very good to excellent" (23). For $29, regularly $54, two can dine "in an attractive and romantic setting" (Frommer's) at the historic Bertram Building.
Why we love it
- Clay Pit is "a staple of the Austin scene" (Zagat)
- Winner of 31 Austin Chronicle Readers Poll awards since 2000
- "Indian cooking with a bit of a twist" (Frommer's)
- Awarded TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence
July 11, 2013 - Oct. 11, 2013
Austin, TX 78701
- Start with homemade naan and choose a shared appetizer like the spicy lamb kebobs, or opt for two soups or side salads. For a main course, select two entrees from a variety of curry dishes, fresh seafood options like the tamarind coconut shrimp or one of the many "dazzling vegetarian dishes" (Frommer's). Finish the night with a shared dessert including the mango cheesecake or the chai spice creme brulee. (Rack of lamb not included in this offer)
- Parties of four can dine for $55, regularly $108, at this OpenTable "Good for Groups" award winner.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, July 11, through Oct. 11, 2013. Reservations are required. Valid 5 p.m. to close. Call to make a reservation and reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Valid for dine-in only. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms