By Travelzoo Staff
The Austin Chronicle
praises chef Iliana de la Vega -- known for her former internationally acclaimed restaurant in Oaxaca featured in Travel + Leisure -- and says she brings the same traditional Mexican fare to El Naranjo. With this exclusive Local Deal for $29, two people can sit down at "the beautiful Rainy Street restaurant" (Tribeza) and savor a Mexican dinner, regularly $60.
Why we love it
- For $29, 2 people can savor dinner at El Naranjo, regularly $60
- This deal includes 1 shared appetizer and 2 entrees
- The Austin Chronicle hails Executive Chef Iliana de la Vega
Eater Austin praises the "traditional Mexican food from Oaxaca"
- El Naranjo is located on historic Rainy Street
Or, for $55, bring a group of 4 and save more than 50%
Sept. 4, 2012 - Feb. 1, 2013
85 Rainey Street
Austin, TX 78701
- Diners can select:
- Any appetizer to share, like corn masa torpedos stuffed with potatoes and Oaxacan-style chorizo, or enchiladas placeras de jicama, a Western Mexico recipe that includes ancho and guajillo
- Any two entrees, like chile relleno with slow-braised pork, tomatoes, tomatillos, olives, capers, raisins and tomato-almond sauce; sea bass served with a spinach tamale; or one of the "famous" moles that Eater Austin raves about
- Or for $55, a group of four can dine at El Naranjo and save even more.
De la Vega, a founding faculty member at the Culinary Institute of America in Austin, also runs an El Naranjo food truck, once named one of the state's Top 50 Mexican restaurants by Texas Monthly.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 4, through Feb. 1, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Call to make a reservation and reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. El Naranjo is closed on Monday. Each voucher is valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Valid for dine-in only. Seasonal items are subject to change. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms