By Heather Georgianna
Kenichi Austin's "sleek" downtown location and "creative" Japanese cuisine earn critical praise from Zagat. Save nearly 45% on a four-course dinner for two.
Why we love it
- Zagat rates the cuisine "very good to excellent" (21)
- Located in the heart of downtown among the city's most popular hot spots
- Receives an 82% rating from Urbanspoon users
- No menu exclusions and a variety of gluten-free options
March 2, 2014 - May 29, 2014; Sunday-Thursday
419 Colorado Street
Austin, TX 78701
- For $45 (reg. $80), two can dine on four courses from the Kenichi menu
- Any shared hot dish, including the miso black cod or the wagyu yuzu short rib
- Any shared cold dish, such as the akaushi beef tartare or the hamachi kung pao
- Any shared roll, including the Rockstar with blackened tuna or the Pacific with snow crab
- Any shared dessert, such as the buttermilk panna cotta or the tempura bread pudding
- Bring a party of four and dine for $89 (reg. $160) -- less than $23 per person
Try a drink from the Austin Chronicle
-recommended sake selection featuring 53 bottles and 13 by-the-glass offerings.
The fine print
Valid March 2, 2014 - May 29, 2014; Sunday-Thursday only. Reservations required; subject to availability. Call to make a reservation; reference voucher. Present voucher upon arrival. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value; 18-20% is customary for good service. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends, blackout dates include March 6-16 during SXSW (call merchant for specific date restrictions).
See all terms