By Heather Georgianna
Explore Austin's downtown landscape with a sightseeing cruise on Lady Bird Lake from Capital Cruises, which earns 4.5 stars from TripAdvisor users.
Why we love it
- Tour the Austin cityscape, the historic Missouri Pacific train trestle and native animal habitat
- Frommer's praises the "enjoyable and educational" bat cruises
- Rent a Duffy boat for up to 10 people -- less than $7 per person
Sept. 16, 2013 - April 27, 2014
Hyatt Regency Boat Dock
208 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
- For $10 (reg. $20), two can take an hourlong sightseeing tour Saturdays and Sundays
- Or for $18 (reg. $40), bring a group of four for the tour and save even more
- For $16 (reg. $20), two can take a sunset bat-watching cruise Sunday-Thursday only
- Charter your own Duffy boat for $65 (reg. $130) and explore Lady Bird Lake during this two-hour rental with up to 10 people, any day of the week
Rent a Duffy boat anytime throughout the winter months. All boats are fully enclosed for colder weather and are equipped with leather seats, stereo and an iPod connection.
The fine print
Sightseeing cruises are offered every Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. from March to November; tours board 15 minutes before departure time. Reservations required; subject to availability. Bat cruises are valid Sunday-Thursday only through Oct. 31, 2013; reservations required 48 hours in advance. You must check in 30 minutes prior to departure. Duffy boat reservations required 48 hours in advance, valid any day of the week through April 27, 2014. Capital Cruises is located at the Hyatt Regency Boat Dock. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends.
See all terms