By Travelzoo Staff
Praised for its "professional services" by Texas Outdoorsman, Heart of Texas Guided Hunts offers hunting excursions throughout Central Texas. With this exclusive Local Deal, four can embark on a three-day hunting weekend including meals, lodging, and daily guided hunts for $1499, regularly $2700.
Why we love it
- All-inclusive weekend hunt for 4, less than $400 each
- It's "the outdoor trip that caters to every man" (Examiner.com)
- For $200, embark on a day hunt for 4 (reg. $400)
- Located at Navarro Mills Lake in Hubbard, an hour south of Dallas
July 25, 2013 - Oct. 27, 2013
Heart of Texas Guided Hunts
20444 N. FM 709
Hubbard, TX 76648
- Weekend hunts take place Friday, Sept. 6, through Oct. 27, 2013; all reservations must be made by Sept.1. All meals are included and single or double occupancy lodging is provided by the Lodge at Navarro Lake. You are welcome to bring your own gun, or they are available to rent for $100 per day.
- Schedule of Events
- Friday: Arrive at noon for evening hunt followed by campfire dinner
- Saturday: Continental breakfast and morning hunt; hot lunch followed by evening hunt; ending with campfire dinner
- Sunday: Continental breakfast and morning hunt; noon departure
- Meals may include a fresh caught fish fry or a roasted hog shoulder and smoked beef brisket dinner with salad, bread and dessert.
- For $200, regularly $400, a group of four can participate in a day hunt from Sept. 3-Oct. 27. Participants must check in by 5:30 a.m. the day of their departure. Lunch is not provided, sack lunches are recommended.
The fine print
Reservations can be booked starting Friday, July 26; all reservations must be made by Sunday, Sept. 1. Day hunts available Sept. 3- Oct. 27; weekend packages are available every weekend Sept. 6 - Oct. 27. Reservations required and subject to availability. Call to make a reservation and reference voucher. Gun rental and ammunition not included. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than three weeks’ notice. Must have a valid hunting license and migratory game bird stamp to participate. If you reach bag limits during the Saturday morning hunt, you cannot participate on the evening hunt. Subject to weather conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms