By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can cruise around Austin with bicycles from Barton Springs Bike Rentals, which earns a perfect 5-star rating on Yelp, and take a full-day ride around one of America's Most Bicycle Friendly Cities
. Packages for up to four are available, and each rental comes with a helmet, bike lock, safety lights and even a basket if you plan to do a little shopping.
Why we love it
- Cruise through Austin on two wheels with Barton Springs Bike Rental
- Central location next to Zilker Park and a short ride from Lady Bird Lake
- Rental packages for up to four riders are available
- The Barton Springs bike experts earn a perfect 5-star rating on Yelp
April 16, 2013 - Oct. 4, 2013
Barton Springs Bike Rental
1707 Barton Srings Rd.
Tel: (512) 480-0200
- When we visited, we loved cruising around downtown and seeing the sights without worrying about parking a car or navigating public transportation. Aspiring two-wheel enthusiasts can select from the following:
- For $15, regularly $34.50, rent a bike for one rider
- For $25, regularly $69, rent bikes for two people
- For $40, regularly $138, rent four bikes and save nearly $100 off the normal rental costs
- Bikers can opt to ride beach cruisers for leisurely rides on the bike paths, multi-speed cruisers and even mountain bikes or hybrids for more intense trekking. Barton Springs also features a unique roadside assistance program -- if you get a flat, give them a ring and they'll deliver a new one so your ride can continue.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, April 17, through Oct. 4, 2013. Not valid for tandem bicycle rentals. Bicycle type subject to availability. Rental includes lights, locks and helmets. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Reservations are required and subject to availability. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms