By Travelzoo Staff
The National Geographic Society has been documenting the world through the lenses of its photographers' cameras for nearly 125 years. In conjunction with National Geographic Traveler magazine, photographers and editors with decades of experience will share their expertise in a series of photography seminars. For $79 per person, regularly $110, take part in this half-day Digital Photography Basics seminar taught by a Pulitzer Prize winner.
Why we love it
- For $79, enroll in a photography seminar from National Geographic Traveler, regularly $110
- Attendees will learn from a professional photographer with decades of experience
- This half-day seminar focuses on using your digital camera like a pro
- Instructor Jay Dickman won a Pulitzer Prize for his photographs of El Salvador in 1983
March 28, 2013 - April 13, 2013
National Geographic Traveler
Blanton Museum of Art, University of Texas
200 East Martin Luther King Blvd.
Austin, TX 78701
- This seminar takes place April 13 at the Blanton Museum of Art and requires no special equipment -- just an interest in learning from professional travel photographers. Topics include:
- Photography's core concepts -- subjects, lighting and composition -- and how to capture the best image
- How and when to best use the camera's flash, including maximizing a digital camera's settings to get the best exposure
- Professional photo composition tips, like framing, focal points and the "rule of thirds"
- How to edit, upload, publish and organize your photos digitally
- Instructor Jay Dickman, winner of the 1983 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography, will take you through a discussion focused on improving your photos and developing your eye for composition.
The fine print
Note: Number of vouchers available to be sold is limited; this deal may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, April 13. The seminar takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Reservations via e-mail are required; must include voucher holder's name and e-mail address to the National Geographic Traveler e-mail address listed on voucher. Date-specific event, all sales are final. Not valid after event date. Nonrefundable by National Geographic once purchased. Offer not valid for previous registrations. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms