By Travelzoo Staff
Take in views of downtown Austin while gliding across Lady Bird Lake in a kayak with this exclusive Local Deal from Texas Rowing Center. For $15, regularly up to $50, two people can rent a watercraft of their choice for two hours.
Why we love it
- Take in views of downtown or stop under the Congress Avenue Bridge to see the bats
- Choose a single or double kayak or canoe
- This deal makes a great gift for out-of-town guests
- For a more physical activity, 1 person can rent a stand-up paddleboard for $10 an hour, regularly $20
March 11, 2013 - Sept. 11, 2013
Texas Rowing Center
1541 West Cesar Chavez St.
Austin, TX 78703
- Yahoo Travel recommends heading to the Texas Rowing Center if you're "just looking for a fun day out." Rent a single or double kayak or canoe (regularly up to $50 per person). While on Lady Bird Lake, take in scenic views of downtown, hear music from a variety of shoreline venues and stop to see the bats living under the Congress Avenue Bridge.
- Or for $10, regularly $20, one person can rent a stand-up paddleboard for an hour and work up a sweat.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11, through Sept. 11, 2013. Texas Rowing Center is open from 6 a.m. to dusk daily; time of dusk varies by day. Must bring voucher with you when you go. Present voucher upon arrival. Limit 1 voucher per person. Must sign waiver before renting. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms