By Travelzoo Staff
Explore the sights and sounds of downtown Austin aboard an electric boat with Capital Cruises, which Yahoo Travel hails as "the best way to go" when cruising around Lady Bird Lake; TripAdvisor users give the cruises a 4.5-star rating. With this exclusive Local Deal for $10, two people can take an hourlong sightseeing tour, regularly $20.
Why we love it
- For $10, discover Lady Bird Lake on an hourlong sightseeing tour for 2 people with Capital Cruises
- Take in views of Austin's skyline, as well as landscape inspired by Lady Bird Johnson
- Yahoo Travel says the tours are the "best way to go" for cruising around the lake
- TripAdvisor users give Capital Cruises a 4.5-star rating
- Or, for $18, bring a group of 4 and save 55%
- Book a private 2-hour experience for up to 15 people for $125, regularly $254
Sept. 27, 2012 - May 31, 2013
Hyatt Regency Boat Dock
208 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
- Take a seat on a 30-foot pontoon boat for the narrated tour. The captain will point out noteworthy sights around the lake such as:
- The newly constructed Austonion, the tallest skyscraper in Austin at 683 feet
- The dramatic landscape, which includes more than a thousand species of foreign vegetation that Lady Bird Johnson planted in the 1970s
- The Missouri Pacific train trestle, which is the oldest active train trestle over a body of water in the state of Texas
- The boat departs every Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. Catch the fall colors on tours through October, or save it for spring when cruises resume in March. Or for $18, bring four people on the tour; that's just $4.50 a person.
- Make it a group outing for $125 and opt for a two-hour private event charter aboard a 30-foot pontoon boat for up to 15 people, a savings of more than 50%. Enjoy a custom experience available any time except Friday and Saturday evenings. Bring your own food; or for an additional cost, Capital Cruises can have it catered by the Hyatt.
Book the two-hour private event charter for a weekday evening and watch the Austin bats take off on their nightly excursion.
The fine print
The $10 and $18 vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Sept. 29, through May 31, 2013. The $125 voucher can be redeemed starting Thursday, Sept. 27, through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations are required. Sightseeing cruises are offered every Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. from March to October. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid for bat-watching tour. The $10 and $18 vouchers are valid for 2 and 4 people, respectively. The $125 voucher is valid for up to 15 people. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms