By Travelzoo Staff
Drop a fishing line in the gurgling San Marcos River, take a hike through a 150-year-old pecan orchard or roast marshmallows over a roaring fire, then retire to a cozy cabin in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. Book a two-night stay in a cabin at Leisure Resort Campground for $119 including a s’mores kit, two bundles of firewood and parking. That’s 46% off current prices.
Why we love it
- Each cabin sleeps up to four people and comes with air conditioning and heating as well as a kitchenette, bathroom and shower. Cook up hot dogs and hamburgers on the outside grill, then eat at the adjacent picnic table. Upgraded duplex cabins sleep five people, and one-bedroom cabins sleep six people (additional fee applies for parties larger than four).
- While at the resort, enjoy a round of mini-golf, throw horseshoes, play sand volleyball, hit the nature trail or take the kids to the playground. Other on-site amenities include free Wi-Fi, a clubhouse with a full kitchen, a covered pavilion and a general store.
- The resort is about 30 minutes from Austin and 45 minutes from San Antonio. Area attractions include the historic town of Gruene, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the San Marcos Outlet Mall, Skydive San Marcos and Lockhart, the self-proclaimed “barbecue capital of Texas.”
Leisure Resort Campground
1 River Lane
Fentress, TX 78622
What's included & when
- Oct. 16, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Tree-shaded cabin nestled in the Texas Hill Country for 46% off regular pricing
- This deal is for up to 4 people
- $119 for a 2-night stay in a cabin with kitchenette, bathroom and shower
- Includes s'mores kit, firewood and parking
- For $10 more, upgrade to a larger duplex cabin, or for $30 more, stretch out in a 1-bedroom cabin that includes a full kitchen
- Travel through Feb. 28
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 800-248-4103 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Nov. 19-24, 2012. This deal is for up to 4 people and includes parking for 1 car. Additional vehicles will be charged $10 per vehicle. There is a $5 per person fee for the 5th and 6th guests in the larger cabins. Guests must bring their own linens and cooking utensils. No pets allowed. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms