By Travelzoo Staff
Moderna in Sandy Springs opened about a month ago and has already garnered local press for its street-style Mexican cuisine prepared with family recipes and techniques: The Atlanta Journal Constitution says it's "energetic," while Thrillist praises it as a "hyper-modern taqueria" and a "food/party emporium." Two can dig into the menu for $50 worth of food and drink for $25.
Why we love it
- Moderna is a "food [and] party emporium," says Thrillist, and the AJC calls it "energetic"
- Choose $50 worth of street-style Mexican cuisine and drinks for $25
- Chef Barquera's menu was influenced by his culinary experiences as a child in Mexico City
- $50 covers a full 3-course meal with drinks
April 7, 2013 - Aug. 8, 2013
8540 Roswell Rd.
Sandy Springs, GA 30350
- Chef Ignacio “Nacho” Barquera's menu is primarily influenced by his childhood, growing up around Mexico City's street vendors and taquerias. Create your own meal while enjoying live bands, DJs and movie screenings on select nights. Our favorite meal would look like this:
- Two appetizers, like Taquitos Diaz with chicken, Panela cheese and salsa borracha ($6); and the namesake nachos ($7)
- Two entrees, like carnitas with Mexican rice and charro beans ($10); and a pulled beef brisket quesadilla with Oaxaca cheese ($9)
- Shared dessert, like churros con chocolate ($4)
- Two classic margaritas ($6 each)
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 19, through Aug. 8, 2013. Reservations are required. Valid for 2 diners only. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 1 additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. Limit 2 vouchers per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends, including Cinco de Mayo. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms