By Heather Georgianna
Reel in rainbow and brown trout on the Chattahoochee River with this exclusive deal for fly fishing excursions from River Through Atlanta, and save up to 65%.
Why we love it
- Frommer's says the Chattahoochee River provides "good trout fishing"
- The river is "a tranquil getaway, boating magnet and robust fishery" (USA Today Travel)
- Take a fly fishing lesson or a guided trip on a McKenzie-style drift boat
- All equipment is provided, including poles, waders and bait
Guided trips offered Dec. 9, 2013 - May 31, 2014; Lessons offered Saturdays March 1 - May 31, 2014
River Through Atlanta
Sope Creek Park
3760 Paper Mill Road SE
Marietta, GA 30067
- Take a three-hour introduction to fly fishing class on a Saturday at Sope Creek Park for $55 (reg. $155)
Learn the fundamentals of casting and fly techniques; rod, reel and flies will be provided
For $199 (reg. $270), you and a friend can embark on a three-hour guided drift boat trip on the Chattahoochee -- catch and release brown trout, or catch and take home rainbow trout
A fishing license with trout stamp is required for the three-hour guided trip and can be purchased online here
The fine print
Classes are offered on Saturday mornings starting at 7 or 8 a.m. from March 1- May 31. A minimum of eight people is required for the fly fishing class to commence. Fishing license with trout stamp is not included, but required. $3 parking fee not included. Reservations are required. To make a reservation, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include name, preferred date and time, and voucher number. You will receive a call back to confirm your reservation. Present voucher upon arrival. No additional payment beyond tax, if applicable, and gratuity is required. Please tip on the full value.
See all terms