By Travelzoo Staff
For $25, regularly $50, Travelzoo subscribers can take a scenic ride on horseback in the North Georgia mountains. Riders embark from The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa on an hourlong trip, which includes a kit for s'mores -- graham crackers, chocolate and marshmallows -- to roast over an open fire.
Why we love it
- Ride horseback through “one of the South’s best-kept travel secrets” (Frommer’s)
- Wind through fields, forests and trout streams in the North Georgia mountains
- The hourlong guided mountain trail ride is good for all experience levels(reg. $50)
- Also includes a s’mores kit – roast marshmallows over an open fire
March 10, 2013 - May 28, 2013
The Stables at Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
6321 US Hwy 76
Young Harris, GA
- The guided mountain trail ride features five miles of trail and accommodates all experience levels. You’ll ride through open fields, hardwood forests and trout streams as you travel throughout the property. For guests younger than seven, hand-led horseback rides are offered in the facility’s riding ring.
- Rides run daily and are scheduled by appointment. You’ll be provided all necessary equipment, including a saddle (and helmet if needed) and instruction on riding fundamentals before setting out on horseback.
Relax for a day or make it a lengthy stay and reserve a room
at the Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa for $99 per night ($139 per night with an activity).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11, through May 28, 2013. Guided trail rides are by appointment 7 days a week (9 a.m. - 2:15 p.m.). Must sign waiver. Hand-led horse rides are available for children less than 7 years old. Must be less than 250 lbs to participate. In the interest of safety, this is not valid for pregnant women. Subject to weather conditions. The guest is responsible for a $7 service charge and tax on the offer. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms