By Travelzoo Staff
Paddle down the upper section of the Pigeon River with a certified guide with this Local Deal from Big Creek Expeditions. For $35 per person, regularly $73.95, subscribers can take a two-hour rafting trip, suitable for beginner and intermediate rafters, which includes a souvenir CD with professional photos of your rafting adventure.
Why we love it
- Take in views of the Smoky Mountains and Cherokee National Forest while paddling through Class III and IV rapids
- Includes a CD of professional action shots taken during your trip on Pigeon River (reg. $30)
- Big Creek Expeditions is rated 5 stars on TripAdvisor from more than 100 reviews
Feb. 21, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Big Creek Expeditions
3541 Hartford Rd.
Hartford, TN 37753
- The day begins with orientation and safety training at the campsite in Hartford, Tenn. Then, take a short shuttle ride to the start of the Pigeon River and embark on a 90-minute paddle through six miles of waters, ranging from calm to Class III and IV rapids, while taking in views of Cherokee National Forest and the Smoky Mountains.
- Trips run on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. More information on this trip, including directions to the campsite, can be found on the website.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, March 2, through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Trips run on Saturdays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. More dates will be added. Not valid July 3-5. Each voucher is valid for 1 person. Riders must be at least 8 years old and weigh a minimum of 70 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms