By Travelzoo Staff
Experience speeds of up to 50 mph as you zoom down the exhilarating zip line at Daredevil Ziplines in Rome, Ga. Two people can speed down the signature "Dare Ya!" line before landing on a sandy beach for $20, regularly $40.
Why we love it
- For $20, 2 can experience an exhilarating zip line adventure at Daredevil Ziplines in Rome, Ga., regularly $40
- Speed down the signature zip line "Dare Ya!"
- Speeds reach up to 50 mph across 600 feet of line as you travel over a lake before landing on a sandy beach
- Or for $30 per person, experience the signature zip line, the intermediate dual zip line and the European-style aerial challenge course, regularly $65
- The 50-acre facility is located about 1.5 hours from downtown Atlanta
Sept. 20, 2012 - Dec. 22, 2012
4432 Cave Spring Rd. SW
Rome, GA 30161
- Located in the picturesque Vann's Valley, Daredevil Ziplines offers a unique and thrilling way to see the area's scenic greenery with 100-year-old tulip trees and grand oak trees. Take off from a platform connected to 600 feet of line while this thrill ride zips downhill at speeds of up to 50 mph. Experience the bungee braking system, which catapults you back across the lake before easing into a gentle beach landing.
- Or, for $30 per person, regularly $65, receive the full experience and try the zip line described above plus:
- Intermediate dual "Double-Dare" zip line that allows two riders to race each other down 500 feet at up to 40 mph
- European-style aerial challenge course, which includes a suspended log walk, ladders, a swinging bridge, a swinging platform and rope walks
- The facility is located about 1.5 hours northwest of downtown Atlanta.
Keep an eye out for Daredevil Ziplines on TV. The course was featured in the filming of "The Controller: Medal of Honor Warfighter" -- a reality show that "pairs real-life military personnel with gamers to battle it out in both virtual and real-life scenarios," says Gameranx
. Deemed the "Daredevil Ammo Run," the zip line was used in a challenge that involved participants -- in the game and in real life -- zipping along at 40 mph while attempting to grab ammo from an adjacent zip line. Click here
to see the trailer.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Sept. 21, through Dec. 22, 2012. Reservations are required. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your reservation. Print and fill out waiver before arrival. You must wear closed-toe flat shoes (tennis shoes or hiking boots are preferred). Riders must be 10 years old or older, must weigh between 50 and 260 pounds and stand between 4 feet 6 inches and 6 feet 10 inches. Tours are subject to weather conditions. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 48 hours' notice.
See all terms