Bid adieu to winter and save as much as 60% on current prices at European hotels this spring. Mix and match these offers at 4- and 5-star hotels to create your own adventure:
BUDAPEST: Park Inn by Radisson ... $65 through May, Fridays-.Saturdays; +$13 Sunday-Thursday incl. breakfast (45% off)
- This 4-star hotel is near the Duna Plaza shopping center and a metro station.
ROME: JSH Hotel Rome Villa Doria Pamphili ... $90 March 15-31 or July-August; +$26 April-June, incl. upgrade and breakfast (50% off)
- This grand-opening deal at a hotel next to the largest park in Rome includes free shuttle service to the nearest metro station.
ATHENS: Herodion Hotel ... $106 incl. taxes in April, July and August, incl. breakfast (45% off)
- Steps from the Acropolis, this 4-star hotel is set on a pedestrian-only street in the Plaka neighborhood, which features shops and restaurants.
MARSEILLE, FRANCE: Villa Massalia ... $111 through April, incl. 2-night stays, upgrade and breakfast (50% off)
- Set in one of the European Union's 2013 European Capitals of Culture, this 4-star hotel overlooks the Mediterranean Sea.
PORTO, PORTUGAL: Porto Palacio Congress Hotel & Spa ... $117 through May, incl. wine cave tour and breakfast (50% off)
- Frommer’s calls this 5-star Leading Hotel of the World "one of Porto's most stylish and desirable modern hotels."
LONDON: Apex City ... $150 through May, incl. bottle of prosecco (more than 60% off)
- The Tower of London and Tower Bridge are within a 10-minute walk from this 4-star hotel, which Fodor's praises for its great central location and modern comforts.
MADRID: Hotel de las Letras ... $165 through June, incl. breakfast (25% off)
- Striking views of Madrid and walls adorned with quotes from famous writers can be admired at this 4-star hotel -- a 10-minute walk from The Prado Museum.
SAINT-EMILION, FRANCE: The Grand Barrail Chateau Resort & Spa ... $226 through April 15, Sunday-Thursday; incl. breakfast and room upgrade (45% off)
- Regal accommodations await in a 19th century castle in wine country with a deal including a tasting visit to a vineyard.
BERLIN: Q! Casa Berlin ... $239 for two nights through August, incl. room upgrade and breakfast (45% off)
- Germany's first pop-up hotel is near Kurfürstendamm, a famous avenue Frommer's calls "the Fifth Avenue of Berlin."
Note: Blackout dates apply.