While we can expect a few more months of freezing temperatures, summer has just begun in Central and South America. Whether you're looking to dance until dawn in Copacabana, unwind in the sleepy islands off Panama's Caribbean coast or check one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature off your bucket list, we've got a list of hotels near the continent's hottest destinations available during peak season for as much as 75% off.
Cartagena, Colombia: Hilton Cartagena ... $139-$189 most dates through March (up to 75% off)
- Colombia's most-visited city can be split into two: the walled colonial city and the beaches of Bocagrande. Bocagrande's beaches are lined with hotels, nightclubs, galleries and restaurants on the El Laguito Peninsula between Cartagena Bay and the Caribbean Sea. At the tip of the peninsula, this 4-star hotel offers ocean views from each guest room.
Bocas del Toro, Panama: Red Frog Beach Island Resort & Spa ... $219-$239 including breakfast for two, airport transfers & Wi-Fi, most dates through March (up to 70% off) Note: Book 2014 dates by room type through the site's Accommodations drop down.
- The farthest point Columbus reached when exploring the Americas, this archipelago in the Caribbean Sea is now a relaxed community with isolated beaches and an emerging hot spot for scuba diving. On 1500 acres of beachfront property, the 4-star resort is home to a zip-line course and two restaurants.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Sofitel Rio de Janeiro Copacabana ... $304 most dates through March; Carnival (Feb. 28-March 4) is sold out (60% off)
- Brazil's second-largest city is home to more than 50 miles of shoreline, and parties that last past sunrise on Copacabana Beach. The 5-star oceanfront hotel is home to an award-winning restaurant, seaside panoramic pool and terraced rooms with views of Sugarloaf Mountain or the city's botanical garden.
Punta del Este, Uruguay: Barradas Parque Hotel & Spa ... $315-$350 including breakfast buffet most dates in January; $280 in February; $150 in March (up to 30% off)
- A preferred vacation spot for Porteños crossing the Rio de la Plata from Buenos Aires, the resort town's beaches brim with casinos, yachts and tourists. Just 200 meters from Playa Mansa, the 4-star hotel sits on manicured grounds including Mediterranean gardens, three pools and two restaurants.
Iguazu Falls, Argentina: Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino ... $310 most dates through February; $279 daily in March (save up to $70)
- Named one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature, Iguazu Falls encompasses 278 waterfalls spanning the borders of Argentina, Brazil and Paraguay. The 4.5-star, 15-acre resort is 10 minutes from the falls and features three outdoor pools, a full-service spa, casino, kids' playland and cabaret lounge.