With diverse landscapes and historic attractions, a trip to the countryside reveals Britain's true beauty. These rural escapes, negotiated by our colleagues at Travelzoo UK, save as much as $400.
- $208 -- Snowdonia National Park Gourmet Escape, Reg. $422
Stay in a hotel located inside a national park described by The Guardian as "one of Britain's most stunning natural landscapes."
- $159 -- Lake District Retreat w/Meals & Prosecco, Reg. $288
Visit quaint villages and England's largest lake, and discover why the area inspired countless writers and poets, including William Wordsworth, Beatrix Potter and Arthur Ransome.
- $111 -- Historic Gretna Hotel Stay incl. Dinner, Reg. $267
This Scottish border town appeals to history buffs thanks to nearby Hadrian's Wall, a Roman fortification and UNESCO World Heritage Site that has become the most popular tourism attraction in Northern England.
- $159 -- Yorkshire Dales 17th-Century Hotel w/Dinner, Reg. $280
Frommer's writes that the area is home to "dramatic white-limestone crags, roads, and fields bordered by dry-stone walls, fast-running rivers, isolated sheep farms, and clusters of sandstone cottages."
- $304 -- Devon Country Escape w/Suite & Fine Dining, Reg $708
Stay in an 18th-century manor and dine on a six-course gourmet meal in an area dotted with ocean vistas and pretty seaside towns.
Note: The above prices include tax. Some hotels require phone reservations; see below for tips on how to call Britain.