Wine Tastings in California
‘Tis (always) the season for wine tasting in California. Check out these Travelzoo deals to sip and savor local wines.
- Napa is arguably the state’s most famous wine region. Check in at the Napa Valley Marriott Hotel and Spa – a $99 deal includes tastings for two at four local wineries and additional tastings in the lobby. Or visit the Westin Verasa for a deal that adds in breakfast, sparkling wine and homemade truffles for $219 and up.
- Head over to Sonoma, known for its Cabernet Sauvignon and full-bodied Chardonnay, to tuck away at the Best Western Plus Sonoma Valley Inn. Get three wine tasting passes for 2 -- and a massage! -- for $119 per night.
- Tour the award-winning McGrail Vineyards and Winery in Livermore (just east of San Francisco) for $39 including tastings for 2 and a bottle of wine.
- Make a day trip to the Santa Ynez Valley, 35 minutes north of Santa Barbara. Spend a half day sipping sparkling wine in a chauffeured limo with a tour that also features lunch and tastings at three local wineries for $69 per person.
- Located between Los Angeles and San Diego, South Coast Winery offers a one-night stay in a private villa with fireplace, jetted tub and patio. The package also includes a private, one-hour wine and cheese pairing, bottle of wine, mimosa breakfast and vouchers for additional tastings for $199, a value of $459.