Travel Discounts for Veterans
This Veterans Day, travel and entertainment companies are showing their appreciation for active and retired members of the Armed Forces with discounted or free visits. From nights at large hotel chains to amusement parks passes, many of these offers are available coast to coast.
- Red Roof Inns have discounted room rates by 15% this month for service members and veterans, and for stays on Veterans Day, another 11% will be added to that discount.
- In its “Hertz For Heroes” program, the rental car agency is donating to a fund to supply free weekend rental for active military and vets through the end of the year. For more information, visit www.hertz.com.
- The JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa is offering stays at $99 per night through Jan. 18. Use rate code SIU.
- For retired and active duty members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard, CheapCaribbean.com is giving away five trips on its Facebook page.
- YMCA of the Rockies created a veterans appreciation package available through May. For $149, up to four guests can stay at the Estes Park Center and Snow Mountain Ranch including two nights accommodations, meals and activities.
- Running through Sunday, entry fees to more than 100 U.S. National Parks will be waived. (Nearly 400 parks are fee-free all year.)
- Colonial Williamsburg has made admission passes free for military members and their families this weekend.
- Through Thanksgiving, Knott’s is giving military personnel two free passes to its parks. Up to six additional passes can be bought at $17 each.
- At these Anheuser-Busch parks -- SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place -- members of the military plus up to three family members will receive a free daily admission pass in a promotion running through the end of the year.