Top 20 Highlights from Jan. 4
Who needs raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens when we just put together 20 of my favorite thing?
With the new year comes a slew of vacation days, and hotels, cruises, local businesses and airlines are making it easy for you to start putting them to good use with some of the hottest deals we’ve seen in some time.
Hot off the press, here are some my five favorite deals in this week’s Top 20:
- $12 -- Caribbean All-Inclusive Beach Resort at 85% Off: Can you even get breakfast for $12 these days, let alone breakfast, lunch, dinner, unlimited drinks and accommodations at a beachfront Dominican Republic resort? Nope, you can’t. It’s bitter cold in most of the northern United States (can you hear my teeth chattering from my NYC office?), so now’s a great time to book a steal of a vacation to the Caribbean.
- $499 -- 11-Night Spring Transatlantic Cruise w/$150 Credit: If your belly can handle 11 days on the water, what better place to spend those days than on megaship, Norwegian Epic -- which is the newest and largest in Norwegian’s fleet and has everything from Blue Man Group to a full aqua park on board. At just $45 per person, per night plus $150 credit per booking, this is one of the best Transatlantic cruise deals we’ve seen. Plus, this drops you off in Barcelona -- providing you the option of turning this into a Catalonian adventure with only a return ticket necessary.
- $56 -- Vegas Hotel on The Strip w/Upgrade & $56 in Buffets: Yes, you’re reading this headline correctly … you’re essentially staying here for free. And you know how Vegas buffets go … you can eat enough at one meal to fill you for breakfast, lunch AND dinner.
- $799 -- Ireland: 5-Star Four Seasons Spring Escape w/Air: We see a lot of fantastic Ireland deals here at the Top 20 desk. So, for one to really stand out, it’s got to have some stellar components. This week’s offer allows travelers to visit in spring time and stay at a 5-star Four Seasons hotel in Dublin, all for far less than $1000 per person. This is just slightly more than airfare alone would cost you - ultimately saving travelers over $650. Fun perk: It’s valid over St. Patrick’s Day.
- $20 -- 1-Month Boot Camp in 50+ Cities Nationwide, Reg. $139: I love a deal that targets fleeting New Year’s resolutions! This offer helps keep those promises in line for at least a month and provides locations all across the country -- so there’s no excuse not to kick of 2012 in shape!
It’s been tough narrowing these down … to check out the full list, click here. So, where will 2012 bring you?
Jaime Freedman is the Publisher of the U.S. Top 20 list.