Top 20 Features Bucket-List Destinations
It’s time to check at least one destination off of that bucket list. This week’s Top 20 includes several deals to must-visit spots across the globe -- with savings of as much as $1000 on do-it-yourself pricing.
- Amalfi Coast: This stretch of coastline is one of the most photographed in the world, so bring the camera along and take a few pictures for yourself. At a discount of $550 on self-packaging, spend six days wandering through the bright cliffside buildings, sampling the regions’ famed wines and relaxing at a hotel along Sorrento's main street. Depart Monday and Tuesday departures this November through February.
- China: Spend an entire day taking in the Great Wall with this 12-night package where all the details are covered. From English-speaking guides to flights between cities, this $800-off deal also includes Yangtze River cruise, allowing travelers to see even more of the landscape.
- South Africa: This comprehensive trip mixes modern city life and the thrill of searching for the Big Five while on safari. Depart from one of 28 cities in the United States with this 4-star offer that also includes intra-Africa flights, game drives, some meals and airport transfers.
- New Zealand: Fly on highly-rated Air New Zealand to the land of pristine waters and coasts, the Maori culture and Vegemite. Roundtrip fares cut as much as $320 off the current price of these routes for travel Oct. 15 - Nov. 22 and Feb. 15 - March 31.
- Tahiti: Leave home behind and spend five nights in beachfront paradise. Stay at two islands in French Polynesia -- Moorea and Tahiti -- while saving at least $340 on do-it-yourself pricing. Pack lightly and jet off for travel this fall.
Already been to the above places? Check out this sale on Qatar Airways, winner of the 2011 Airline of the Year from Skytrax. It includes exotic destinations such as Dubai, Delhi and Cairo, plus a stopover in Doha, Qatar’s capital city. Book by Thursday.
Jonathan Jones is the Associate Publisher of the U.S. Top 20 list.