Who says you can’t buy time? With this Local Deal from the Met Museum, skip the line -- and the time waiting -- for visits to the iconic space this spring and summer. For $19, walk right into what The New York Times calls “one of the world's premier cultural institutions” and begin your artistic journey.
Current exhibits and collections include:
- Impressionism, Fashion, and Modernity: View works from impressionist masters like Degas and Monet while actual period dresses next to the artwork help add context to the looks of the time
- Street: Scored by Sonic Youth leader Thurston Moore, this exhibit shows a unique view of the motion inherent to New York City street life
- The American Wing: Features over 30,000 square feet of American masterpieces from the 18th century through the early 1900s, including the iconic Washington Crosses the Delaware, the centerpiece of the collection
Plan to visit upcoming exhibits, which include:
- Launching May 9 is the PUNK: Chaos to Couture exhibit, a sharp look at punk’s influence on high fashion over the years. On display will be more than 100 pieces of “DIY” original punk rock gear and haute coteur punk-influenced runway fashion, which will be viewed while surrounded by era-appropriate soundtracks
- And come April 2, more than 200 rare images from the Civil War will explore the camera’s role in showing one of the first wars to be documented by photograph.
Not only that, but we’ve even made it easier for you to own a souvenir of your visit to remember long after you depart this famed destination. With this offer, take $10 off any purchase of $50 or more, making that framed van Gogh print or art history book just a little bit easier to take home. (One per person per voucher)