Shoulder Season Arrives for New York Hotels
New York is a city for all seasons, but in summer, city-dwellers clear out for skyscraper-less coastal views, business trips into town dwindle and fewer tourists are clogging Times Square. June kicks off a three-month shoulder season travel period, where demand for New York City hotels drops and rates fall, especially in Manhattan.
The busiest times to visit New York City are April-May, September-October and the first few weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and rates reflect it. But for a summer trip to the Big Apple, we’re seeing savings of as much as 60% for stays June through August. Top offers include:
- TRYP New York City Times Square South: Stays at one of the city’s newest 4-star hotels have been discounted by 60% to $179 per night for visits June 28 - Aug. 3.
- Blakely Hotel New York: With discounted rooms available over Fourth of July, Labor Day weekend and New York Fashion Week, this hotel has trimmed rates by half, starting at $175 per night.
- Iroquois New York: This 4-star property, one of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, has cut its room rate to $169 for July 1 - Sept. 4.
- Marriott & Renaissance properties across Manhattan & Brooklyn: Pick from six properties spread across two boroughs and save as much as 60%. Weekend stays select weekends June - August & July 4th week start at $169 per night.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Metropolitan - New York City: Guests will receive welcome drinks and free Wi-Fi weekends into September, when rates have been cut to $119-$169 per night.
Put some of that saved cash toward deals on Broadway and Off-Broadway shows, and save up to 55% for performances this summer. When you're in the city, make sure to check out New York Local Deals section for dining, spa and activity deals as well.