New Year’s Eve Deals Nationwide
As midnight’s chime announces 2013 across the time zones, we here at Travelzoo hope you find yourself among good friends and family with a Champagne cocktail in hand. Make it your first resolution to spend less money on fun festivities this New Year's Eve:
- New Orleans: What better place to party than the French Quarter? Stays Dec. 28-31 at a boutique hotel nearby in the lower Garden District on the St. Charles Avenue streetcar line have been discounted to $169 per night and come with complimentary breakfast, which will be just what you need the morning after a long night out.
- Philadelphia: For $99, regularly $170, Square 1682 is offering an elegant four-course dinner for two, complete with sparkling wine, at this Rittenhouse Square hot spot that's filled with "a special-occasion buzz," says Philly.com.
- Washington, D.C.: Hit the trendy bars and restaurants in the neighborhood before calling it a night at The Dupont Circle Hotel for $109 on Dec. 31.
- Boston: A 4-star Back Bay hotel a few blocks from Copley Square and Newbury Street has discounted rooms to $149 per night, which is 35% off current rates.
- Cincinnati: Ring in the new year at a Parisian-inspired concert with the Cincinnati Pops at Music Hall with this half-off deal. Singers and dancers will perform alongside the orchestra, who will play "La vie en rose," Offenbach's "Can Can" and music from "Cabaret," "Gigi," and "La bohème." This deal ends Friday.
- Chicago: The 4-star Westin Michigan Avenue, a quick cab ride from the buzz of Rush & Division bars and the upscale night spots in River North and Lincoln Park, has trimmed room rates to $159 on NYE. And the 4-star Fairmont, a warm pedway walk away from the Theater District, has cut its room rates to $129, about 55% off current prices.
- Phoenix: With this Local Deal, get 50% off tickets to the "New Year's Eve Celebration" with The Phoenix Symphony and music director Michael Christie. The Symphony will perform classics like "Auld Lang Syne" and Gershwin's "American In Paris" plus a tribute to Marvin Hamlisch. After the concert, retire to the Ritz-Carlton in a plush room that's now $143 per night. Or, the all-suite Arizona Grand Resort has discounted its rooms to $199 per night including a $100 resort credit.
- Rancho Palos Verdes: A decadent 5-star resort has put together a New Year's Eve package including two tickets to a gala featuring an open bar, a selection of appetizers, tunes spun by a DJ and Dream World Cirque performance, plus a stay in an oceanview room for two guests for $499, regularly $835.
- Santa Barbara: Get away from the city with a stay in an upgraded room complete with a fireplace and spa tub at the Montecito Inn, a property built by Charlie Chaplin. New Year's Eve has been discounted to $109, 30% off current rates.
- Seattle: Stay in a property with striking views of the Seattle skyline with a special rate of $199 on New Year's Eve. The Sheraton Seattle is less than 10 minutes from Pike Place Market and the light rail stations and monorail to the Space Needle.
Or set sail! In an offer ending Friday, a four-night cruise to the Bahamas leaving from Miami over New Year’s Eve has been discounted by 45%.