Learn a New Skill on Vacation
Whether it’s breathing underwater or identifying the nuances of a fine wine, chances are there’s a skill you’ve always wanted to learn. Pairing your next vacation with a class lets you experience that area’s culture while picking up some new know-how. Many cruises and vacation packages offer classes, including the following options:
- Cooking: Don’t just sample a region’s cuisine – learn how to recreate the meal at home. A handful of properties, such as this Wisconsin resort, have cooking schools on site.
- Snorkeling and scuba: Explore the world below the ocean’s surface. This Waikiki resort offers scuba and snorkel clinics three times a week.
- Wild West: Dude-ranch experiences, like this six-night Colorado getaway, teach guests outdoor skills such as gold panning, roping, fly fishing and archery.
- Fitness: Burn off vacation calories with a fitness class. Perfect yoga poses in a tranquil setting with this seven-night Costa Rica vacation that includes daily yoga lessons for beginner to intermediate levels.
- Sip and swirl: Wine-tasting classes are a popular option on cruises, such as this five-night Caribbean cruise, which also offers classes in mixology.