Foodies are hard pressed to find a city in North America that rivals Montreal in culinary offerings. Renowned chefs showcase delectable dishes in a variety of posh bistros and highly rated restaurants. Treat your palate to an awe-inspiring meal at one of these local haunts:
• XO: Located in Old Montreal and housed in the swanky St. James Hotel, it’s the city’s highest-rated eatery, offering modern European fare, and it’s open for breakfast, weekend brunch, lunch and dinner.
• Milos: This restaurant, famous for all things fish, is perched on historic Avenue Du Parc, a few blocks north of Mount-Royal Park.
• Au Pied de Cochon: Home to local gastronomical concoctions created by Martin Picard a.k.a. the Wild Chef. The can’t-miss dish? Poutine au foie gras is magnifique!
After dining, Montrealers spend the evening imbibing at a myriad of happening clubs and bars.
• Baldwin Barmacie: Beautiful people gather at this unpretentious Laurier Ouest bar/lounge to catch up over drinks or vibe to an eclectic music mix.
• Wunderbar: 20- and 30-somethings let loose to music spun by local DJs and indulge in creative cocktails in lobby of the W Montreal Hotel.
• Suite 701 – Lounge: Trendy locals frequent this locale for dancing and dining into the wee hours of the morning.
• Burgundy Lion: Live like a local at this English-style pub and avoid the crowded bars and clubs on St. Laurent or Crescent.
Once done eating and drinking your way through Montreal, retire to the comforts of nearby lodging. Travelzoo has deals at the W Montréal hotel, Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel or, Quality Inn Downtown Montreal on Crescent Street. For more listings, check the Canada Hotel section or visit Travelzoo.ca. And to learn more about Quebec, visit our Destination of the Week page.
Please go to your email and confirm your subscription.