Hit the Water during Summer’s Last Hurrah
For kids reluctant to kiss their swimming fins goodbye, August is a month of denial. And let’s face it: It’s not so easy for us grown-up kids to bid our summer tans adieu, either.
To make this mourning period a little easier, we’ve compiled a pool of fun water Local Deals for you to dive into before the sun sets on summer. Take advantage of the heat’s final days with these deals across the country, which will help you end the season with an exclamation point. Let’s give summer – and that tired old swimsuit – one last hurrah.
Get on a boat
- Austin: Cool off and hit the lake with friends using this 65%-off deal from Lone Star Aquatics. For two hours, up to four can ride a chartered wake boat on Lake Austin and make some serious waves with your choice of wakeboard, kneeboard or tube.
- Baltimore: Spend a full day on Chesapeake Bay reeling in striped bass, blue fish and mackerel at half off regular rates with this local deal from Chesapeake Bay Sport Fishing.
- Los Angeles: It might always be summer in LA, but it’s not always blue whale season. Catch sight of the largest animal to ever live on earth during peak season with this deal, which will take you on a guided excursion along the Southern California coast for nearly half off.
Get in the water
- Hawaii: When the sun’s hot, hang out where it’s cooler: under the sea. At 50% off, try this underwater scooter adventure and spend the day amongst sea turtles and schools of tropical fish.
- New York: Take a break from the iron jungle with this guided kayak tour at half off from Living Adventure Tours, which includes roundtrip transportation between Central Park and the Musconetcong River. Breathe in some clean air and spot wildlife like turtles and herons during a three-hour river tour.
- Miami: Speed through the mangroves and open waters surrounding Key Largo with this two-hour Jet Ski tour from Key Skis at 45% off. You’ll ride around John Pennekamp State Park, where you might spot manatees and dolphins, reach the Gulf, and then head back to the Atlantic.
- Philadelphia: Fight the heat at Splash Zone Water Park, where you can body surf, raft, and float down Rivy’s River with the family. With this deal, you’ll get all-day admission to the park for 50% off regular rates.
- Portland, Maine: Race down Kennebec River’s rapids on a full-day rafting trip with this 60%-off summer deal.
- Reno/Tahoe: Float past natural hot springs and boulder mazes on a four-mile paddleboard or kayak tour of Tahoe’s Crystal Bay, followed by lunch at Jason’s in King Beach at more than 65% off.
- San Diego: Jet Ski through the San Diego Bay with a few friends using this half-off deal. Take in views of the city skyline and Coronado Island while splashing around the bay at your own course and speed.
- Orlando: Decompress with a massage or facial, then cool off at the pool club at the Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort. With this 50%-off deal, you’ll get to spend a day relaxing at the resort’s full-service spa and pool club, complete with two pools and a waterfall, relaxation lounge, fitness center and hot tub.
- Phoenix: Arizona’s scorching temperatures can be tackled with a rejuvenating spa and pool day at nearly 60% off at the Scottsdale Resort & Club.
- San Francisco: Get relaxing spa treatments and two weeks of full family access to the Harbor Bay Club, a 10-acre beachfront facility with a 25-meter outdoor swimming pool and plethora of other fitness options, with this deal that's more than half off.