With Spring Break more than a month away and weather still dreary in many parts of the country, now’s the time of year when it’s all too easy to hunker down under a blanket and watch an entire season of “Mad Men” in one sitting. This February, instead of hibernating in your living room, take advantage of a Travelzoo Local Deal and have an unforgettable adventure in your own backyard. Get off the couch and play in the snow in Boston, take in world-class artwork in Milwaukee, or go on a hot air balloon ride over the Arizona desert -- all for as much as 65% off.
Los Angeles/Southern California
- Set sail with a friend or special someone on a sunset cruise from Newport Beach for only $28 (regularly $78), including a drink each.
- The No. 1 attraction in Anaheim according to TripAdvisor isn’t Disneyland; it’s the Flightdeck Air Combat Center, and subscribers can experience this F-16 fighter jet simulator for just $29 per person, regularly $59.
San Francisco Bay Area
- Hit the slopes at Diamond Peak Ski Resort in the heart of Tahoe’s Incline Village. This two-day pass costs $57 (regularly $108) and can be used any time for the remainder of the ski season.
- Scuba divers with any level of experience can use this deal from Ocean Legends in Honolulu: Uncertified divers can take a one-day Discover Scuba course for $59; certified divers can go on a guided boat charter for $69; or opt for the three-day PADI certification course for $269.
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the Sonoran Desert on a hot air balloon ride for $95 per passenger, normally $175. These high-flying experiences -- one taking off near Phoenix and the other near Tucson -- come complete with a picnic and a glass of Champagne.
- For $14, take a date to the movies with popcorn and two sodas at The Loft Cinema in Tucson, a funky vintage theater specializing in foreign, classic and indie flicks.
- For $29, play 18 holes of golf followed by lunch at the clubhouse at Callahan Golf Links in Waleska, less than an hour north of the city.
- For only $8, see 50,000 plants, waterfalls, koi ponds and the butterfly house at Sunken Gardens in St. Petersburg, or upgrade to a one-year family membership for $25 and visit as many times as you’d like. Both deals save 50%.
- Learn about and taste South American wines with a wine expert at Carmen’s at the Top of the Bridge in Boca Raton. For $45 for two people, this deal also includes a bottle of wine to take home.
- Visit The Waynesville Inn Golf Resort & Spa for a round of golf with lunch for $49 per person. This deal offers the best savings during peak season, which starts March 15. (Note: Offer ends Wednesday.)
- Bring a bottle of wine and take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through White River National Forest in Breckenridge for $25 per person. Regularly $55, this wintry outing also includes a cup of hot cocoa.
- Save more than 50% on what CBS Boston calls some of the “Best Snow Tubing in the Bay State” with a $13 lift ticket and tube rental at Nashoba Valley Ski Area in Littleton, Mass.
- The architecturally stunning Milwaukee Art Museum just premiered a new exhibit of works by self-taught artists, and subscribers get museum admission plus an audio tour of this special collection for $12, regularly $20 per person.
- Learn to cook dim sum, Indian or Thai food at The Viking Store in Lyndhurst, Ohio, for $45 per person, and taste your creations at the end of the class with a glass of wine.