Make a New Year's resolution to add more luxury to your life in 2013. Conde Nast Traver just published its annual Gold List of the world's top hotels and resorts. Here is a roundup of Gold List properties currently featuring rare discounts, saving guests as much as 60% on regular rates.
Queen's Landing, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario ... $179 Sundays-Fridays through February; +$40 Saturdays; 2-night stays $339 daily through February (45% off)
- Enjoy a double-upgraded room with a jetted tub and fireplace as well as cocktails, wine tastings and valet parking at a mansion near Niagara Falls. The hotel is home to the town's only CAA 4-Diamond Tiara Restaurant and offers free shuttles to the award-winning spas at its sister properties.
Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste, Costa Rica ... $1600 per couple for 5-night stay May 22 - July 15 (reg. $2000); $2100 April 13 - May 17 &July 20 - Aug. 12; $2600 Jan. 11 - Feb. 10, Feb. 23 - March 10 & April 7-12
- Head to the 5-star hotel Frommer's hails as the country's "most luxurious and impressive large-scale resort." Returning to the Gold List for the seventh consecutive year, the resort is nestled between two beaches and includes multiple restaurants, a spa, three pools, snorkeling and an 18-hole golf course.
Four Seasons Resort Nevis, Nevis, British West Indies ... $1035 per couple for 4-night stay, April 21 - May 31; $1335 April 7-20; $1785 Jan. 5 - Feb. 14 & Feb. 25 - March 15; $2085 Feb 15-22 & March 16 - April 6 (25% off)
- Find luxury off the beaten path at this 5-star Caribbean resort. Spend vacation exploring the 36-square-mile island using the resort's water sports equipment such as kayaks and snorkel gear. Recently renovated, the hotel includes three pools, four restaurants and an upscale spa.
The Hotel Telluride, Telluride, Colo. ... $229 per night Jan. 3 - April 7 (reg. $369)
- This 4-star ski resort offers complimentary welcome drinks, ski lockers and shuttle service to the gondola, making it easy to enjoy the area's 300 inches of annual snowfall. In addition to receiving Gold List honors, the hotel was named North America's No. 1 ski resort by Conde Nast Traveler's annual readers' poll.
St. Julien Hotel & Spa, Boulder, Colo. ... $219 Fridays-Saturdays through April; +$10 weeknights (reg. $289)
- Enjoy sweeping views of downtown Boulder from this "cozy but chic" 4-Diamond hotel. After a day shopping the Pearl Street Mall's boutiques -- within walking distance of the hotel -- indulge at the top-notch spa or unwind in the indoor infinity pool.
The Sebastian - Vail, Vail, Colo. ... $349 midweek/$449 weekend 2-night stays April 1-15; $419 Sun.-Wed. per night Jan. 6 - March 31 (up to 60% off)
- Visit the nation's largest ski resort in peak season and save up to $850 at this boutique hotel in Vail Village. The chic hotel offers in-town car service, ski valet, Wi-Fi, a year-round heated outdoor pool, four hot tubs and three on-site restaurants. This offer also includes two welcome drinks and free parking.
L'Auberge de Sedona, Sedona, Ariz. ... $385 Jan. 1 - March 7; Nov. 24 - Dec. 22; $485 March 8-28
- Stay in the heart of Red Rock Country in an upgraded, creekside cabin featuring a fireplace and large deck. This package include a complimentary massage or facial, yoga classes, Wi-Fi and breakfast. Peak season stays (June 16 - Aug. 29) in cabins with red rock views, parking and breakfast for two are available for $412.25.
Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, Catalina, Ariz. ... $1725 for 3-nights or; $2875 for 5-night stays per person through June 15 (up to 35% off)
- Treat yourself to an all-inclusive desert getaway including meals, nonalcoholic drinks, activities such as yoga and photography classes and up to $950 resort credit. On-site amenities include a three-tiered pool, equestrian center, two tennis courts and access to an 18-hole golf course.
Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. ... $279 per night Sunday-Thursday/$329 per night Friday-Saturday through April (up to 45% off)
- Escape to a 5-star resort surrounded by the Pacific Ocean on three sides. Guests enjoy an upgraded oceanview room with private patio or balconies, daily breakfast credit and shuttles within five miles of the sprawling grounds.
Chatham Bars Inn, Cape Cod, Mass. ... $560 2-night stays per couple Jan. 1 - April 3 (reg. $800)
- Spend two nights in a cozy cabin along the seaside in historic Chatham. This 4-Diamond coastal resort offers an upscale restaurant with ocean views and on-site spa, accompanied by a $50 credit for use towards a day of pampering.