Romantic Getaways for Your Valentine
Struggling to find that perfect last-minute gift for your valentine?
How about a getaway? Pack an overnight bag and enjoy these memorable hotels -- many deals include romantic extras such as dinner for two, wine in-room or tastings, spa credits and more.
Southeast & Florida
- Finger Lakes: The romantic Belhurst Castle facing Lake Seneca is offering a $169-per-night package that includes $100 for dining, spa treatments, or at the wine and gift shop.
- Brunswick, Maine: Two hours from Boston, the charming Inn at Brunswick offers a laid-back getaway in this college town. Stay the night for $125 and get $75 toward dinner at the tavern. (Note: Deal ends Tuesday.)
- The Berkshires: Escape to the rolling hills of western Massachusetts with a stay at the Mepal Manor. This elegant manor is offering afternoon tea, breakfast and a stay for $199, regularly $385. (Note: Deal ends Tuesday.)
- Atlantic City: Live like a high roller at the Borgata, considered one of the most glamorous casinos in Atlantic City, with an overnight stay for two this winter. Guests receive a prix-fixe dinner, gaming credit, comedy show tickets and a stay in a Classic room with a king bed for $159.
- Vermont: Unwind at the MountainTop Inn in Chittenden with an $149-per-night offer with breakfast for two on weekday stays through June (regularly $275). (Note: Deal ends Tuesday.)
- Georgia: Retreat to the mountains at The Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa. For $99, stay in a room with wooded mountain or valley views, or upgrade to an activity package including hikes and trail rides for $129 (regularly $302). (Note: Deal ends Tuesday.)
- Jacksonville: The Casa Monica is a Spanish castle-like resort on the National Register of Historic Places. The luxurious property, named a Conde Nast Traveler Top Hotel, has discounted rooms for $179 per night including $50 to spend on dinner at the famed 95 Cordova restaurant.
- Delray Beach: The 4-star Sundy House, known for its old Florida feel, offers a secluded escape for $139 per night, Sunday-Thursday, and $179 per night weekends, May 1 - Sept. 30. Dine with a $50 dinner voucher and a complimentary breakfast.
Midwest, Rockies & Texas
- Santa Fe: There's no roughing it at the Bishops Lodge, an upscale lodge offering a $149-per-night package for a fireplace room and a resort credit good for dining, spa treatments or activities.
- Texas Hill Country: Raise a glass at the Inn at Barons Creek, where guests receive wine tastings, $100 to spend on spa treatments and a spacious suite for $159 per night.
- Colorado Springs: Take in fresh mountain air and surround yourself in nature at the Garden of the Gods Lodge. For $99, spend a night in an upgraded Junior or Deluxe Suite and have breakfast delivered to your room the next morning.
- Dallas: Stay in a landmark downtown hotel that blends 1920s Art Deco style with modern glamor. The Stoneleigh Hotel & Spa is now $199 per night (regularly $370) and includes an upgraded room, $50 dining credit and $50 spa credit. (Note: Deal ends Tuesday.)
- Kansas City: Hit the town at Hotel Phillips, where a $159 package for two includes an overnight stay and a three-course dinner with wine.
- Missouri: Between the Ozarks and St. Louis is The Wildwood Hotel, where $99 gets guests a bottle of wine at check-in and $50 to spend on dinner.
- Branson: The AAA 4-Diamond Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa offers a two-night lakefront retreat for $179.
- Napa: Overlook vineyards or the pool at the AAA 4-Diamond Meritage Resort & Spa from a Tuscan-inspired guest room. Stay two nights for $259 and receive $75 to spend at the acclaimed Siena Restaurant, wine and spa discounts.
- Mendocino, Calif.: Expansive views of the coastline are steps away from the elegant MacCallum House, where a two-night retreat for $249 comes with a gourmet breakfast and cocktail or appetizer credit.
- Cottage Grove, Oregon: Two hours south of Portland is the Village Green Resort, where you can get two-nights accommodations, breakfast, dinner and wine for $119.