European Fare Sales Ending Soon
Early 2012 is shaping up to be a good time to take a European adventure. The euro has been hovering around the lowest level in about a year, and airlines have been releasing competitive fares for winter and early spring travel.
What this means for travelers is that their dollar goes further at a time when discounts on hotels and Local Deals abound.
Some of these air sales to Europe are ending as soon as Wednesday, but offers currently in the market are:
- Lufthansa: With fares starting at $630 roundtrip including tax, travelers can embark for cities in Germany, Italy and Spain for travel Jan. 23 - March 22. Book by Wednesday.
- Scandinavian Airlines: Discounted flights to Norway, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands and more destinations are now available for visits in February and March. Roundtrip fares begin at $699 including tax.
- Air France: For visits through March 25, fares to Paris, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Rome, Istanbul and more cities have been cut. These sale fares start at $629 roundtrip including tax.
- Swiss International Air Lines: In a sale on destinations from Russia to Italy, the airline has dropped fares for travel into April. Roundtrip fares start at $536 including tax.
- Continental Airlines: In a sale ending Wednesday, roundtrip fares begin at $328, for travel Jan. 23 - March 22, to places including Portugal, Greece, Norway, Ireland and more.