Let it snow, say Travelzoo’s Deal Experts. This week we’ve seen many deals with early ski-season availability on both sides of the border. For most ski resorts, when the calendar flips to the new year, rates skyrocket, but stays just a few weeks before can bring savings of as much as 60% this year. Here are a few of our favorite early-ski offers:
- Sun Valley: Whisk away Idaho’s Northern Rockies for a two-night stay in late fall for $139 per couple. The slopes at Sun Valley open Nov. 22 this year, and this getaway at either the Tamarack Lodge or the Wood River Inn cuts more than 50% off current rates for stays through Dec 20.
- Mammoth: Rest after a day on the slopes at the Westin Monache Resort, the No. 1 hotel in the area on TripAdvisor. The 4-Diamond hotel has discounted rates to $159-$169 per night for stays through Dec. 13, the beginning of snow season in Mammoth Lakes. This is a savings of 60% on rates just a few weeks later.
- White Mountains: The 4-star Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa in New Hampshire is a favorite place to take in fall’s stunning backdrop and hope for an early snow blanket. The hotel has discounted stays through October, starting at $109 per night, a savings of 45% on current rates. Guests also receive a $30 resort credit as well as wine with a cheese and fruit platter.
- Whistler: December visits to the peaks at Whistler and Blackcomb mean empty chairlifts and less crowded trails, as well as discounts at some of the most popular resorts in the area. The landmark Pan Pacific Whistler Mountainside has cut nightly stays to CA$99 for stays Sept. 4 - Dec. 12. This offer also includes stays over Thanksgiving plus weekends.
- The Laurentians: Spend two nights at a lakefront chalet in the the Laurentians, known for wide array of alpine or cross-country skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing options. The Chalets Chanteclair Villegiature-Resort is offering a studio chalet with a private whirlpool tub for $169 for stays Sundays-Wednesdays, Sept. 4 - Dec. 20. For $50 more, arrive Thursday-Saturday.
- Mont Tremblant area: Holiday rates at the Blueberry Lake Resort have been discounted by more than $2000 for packages at one of its four-bedroom chalets in late December. Those looking to go the countryside retreat earlier in the month can stay for $199 per night, a savings of 55% on current rates.
Find cheap fares to ski destinations across North America on Fly.com.