Detroit Deals for Giants Fans
Only one World Series game has been played, but with last night’s win, the possibility exists that the San Francisco Giants could clinch the franchise’s seventh title in Detroit this coming week. Granted they’d have to win three of the next four games to do it, which will be a tall order against a deep Tigers rotation.
After tonight’s Game 2, the series will shift to the Midwest. Here are a few Local Deals that might appeal to Giants fans traveling Detroit for games 3-5.
- Crave Restaurant & Sake Bar, half off: Labeled as one of "the absolute hottest joints" in town by Real Detroit Weekly, out-of-towners can experience Crave’s award-winning fare and creative cocktails at a bargain price. For $20, diners get a $40 credit to anything on the menu at this Dearborn eatery.
- Northville Winery: Fall wine and cider tastings, half off: With more than two decades in the business, the Northville Winery has become one of the region’s most respected producers of both wine and cider. The Winery is located about a 30-minute drive from downtown Detroit. With the tasting room slated to be open this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday, this offer makes for the perfect day trip for fans waiting on a game later that evening.
- Disney’s "Mary Poppins," $25 off: For fans getting into town on Friday, the eve of the Series’ third game, this classic musical could provide a night of song and dance at Fisher Theatre in the heart of New Center. In its opening week in Detroit, “Mary Poppins” has been called "a "roof-raising, toe-tapping, high-flying extravaganza" by the New York Daily News. Balcony 1 seats to the show at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 26, are $29, regularly $49-$54, and Loge seats are $50, regularly $79-$84.
- Tirami Su Ristorante Italiano, half off: The Detroit News calls the eatery "charming," and visits and locals alike can dine on two entrees, served with soup or salad, and two desserts for $29. This spot is just minutes from the Northville Downs racetrack.
- The Original Cottage Inn, 45% off: The perfect quick trip from downtown is a drive to Ann Arbor. Once you get into town, dine on a salad, one pizza and two glasses of wine or beer for $25 with this deal for two.
- If you’re looking for a place to stay for this weekend’s games, we found a last-minute World Series deal that provides great value to our subscribers. West Coast baseball enthusiasts can stay this coming weekend at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport for 40% off weekday rates. The hotel’s amenities include a heated indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby.
And, if the series comes back to San Fran, check out these following Bay Area offers.
- Bistro Unique, half off: This Union Square spot offers authentic French bistro fare and boasts a 4-star rating from both Yelp and OpenTable reviewers. With this exclusive offer, two diners receive two appetizers and two entrees, plus get 10% off the purchase of a bottle of wine with your meal.
- Takara Sake USA, half off: Featured in USA Today as one of the top attractions in Berkeley, the Tasting Room and Sake Museum is offering a sake experience for two that includes five tastings each, access to the museum and three bottles of sake to take home.